So sorry for the late “How To Tuesday” post. This weeks How To is, (drumroll)…. “How To Job Search” I recently was offered an unexpected position doing my dream job. I walked in to grab an application, and was offered an on the spot interview, and two days later I was offered to job. I was going to start my job search towards the end of February after my finances were in check more, but this was one opportunity I couldn’t let slip away. I know that these things don’t happen to everyone, so I wanted to write a post to help those of you who may need some guidance on where to start the search.
- START CREATING ONLINE ACCOUNTS. Create accounts on LinkedIn, SchoolSpring, Indeed, SnagAJob, or any other websites that are career specific to what you are interested in. Attach a cover page and resume to your accounts along with a photograph. This may be the worst step, but once you’ve set up your accounts, all you have to do is hit the ‘Apply’ button when you find a job you are interested in.
- START BROWSING. Start looking on these job boards for any job openings. Specify what type of career you are looking for, so you aren’t looking through a ton of jobs that you don’t want to see. Some websites may also offer to send you notifications if any new offerings are added into your category of choice. Broaden your search to other websites too, whether it be a specific company who has a career page on their website, or googling job openings for your career in your county and state.
- LOCAL LISTINGS. Don’t forget to look in your local newspapers too. Local businesses may start their employee search there before listing on large websites. Also, take a look on Craigslist. Some listings may be creepy, but you can specify your location to help find local listings.
* The biggest thing for me would be to have a resume a cover letter ready to hit send if you find something you are interested in. Resumes can be tricky to write, but if you have Microsoft Word, you can choose the resumes template to help you create your own, or you can use online resources to help you.
** Don’t get discouraged too easily too. When you first log onto the websites, you might not find something right away. Keep checking, keep the faith in finding something that will work for you. When the right thing comes along, you will know.
Hey ya’ll! Welcome to my first How To Tuesday post! Don’t forget you can always contact me with your How To Tuesday suggestions!
How To: Comfy Day
Whether you’re apart of this artic blast in the country and participating in a snow day, or exhausted from life itself, everyone deserves a comfy, relaxation day! I don’t normally pamper myself, so when I have a comfy day around the house I also use this time to pamper myself. I will give you guys a must have list for a comfy day my way!
MUST HAVES—> fuzzy socks and fuzzy pj pants, blanket and pillow, lots of romantic comedies, sweet and salty snacks, face masks, nail polish, candles, corn heat pack
Normally the first thing I do when I wake up is take a shower to wake my body up. On my comfy days, I will use the opportunity of no time limits to do a deep shampoo and also a shave. I will get out of the shower and lotion up. Because my pores are open from the steam, I will also throw a face mask on. I have very sensitive skin, so I don’t use face masks regulary, but because these comfy days don’t happen too often I do my face masks then. I will hop right into my comfy pjs and socks and camp out on the couch for the rest of the day. I feel my coziest when I’m in bed, so I will take my bed pillow and blankets out to the couch with me, for an adult sleepover feel. Rom Coms will be the only things I will watch, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, A Walk to Remember, any Nicolas Sparks movie. The sweet and salty foods will be on the coffee table all day. And my corn heat pack will be my best friend, keeping me warm when I have the chills from this nasty VT weather.
It’s always nice to have these types of days, to treat yo self and show your body some love. With our crazy lives, we tend to overlook all the small things that make us feel good, so use this day to do all the things that make us feel good!
- Here is a link to a corn heat pack that I found on Amazon for those of you who are wondering what I am talking about ->
“Lets Start From the Very Beginning”
If you’re reading this, you have made it to my very first blog posting!! I am super excited to start up my blog and start writing all of my thoughts and perspectives down for you all! In this first posting, I will be posting a little about myself and what this blog will be all about. If you haven’t already found it, I have a Facebook and Instagram both named SmallTownSimplicity for you all to follow my journey and be reminded about my new blogs! Feel free to direct message or comment with any questions or comments for me!
All about Small Town Simplicity-
I am a 21 year old from a small town in Vermont, US! I am going to stay annoymous, but maybe there will be a reveal in the future! I am a “fashionista” trying to survive a paycheck to paycheck life, but I like to find shortcuts along the way and ways to spread the dough. I live a simply life, hence my title, Small Town Simplicity! My blogs will be a lifestyle/ fashion blog sight, but at anytime if anyone has any other suggestions, I will be more than happy to write posts outside my comfort zone and expand my horizons. I wanted to start blogging because I follow a lot of great bloggers. (If you want to see some of the bloggers I follow, feel free to go through my following list on Instragram) As you can tell from my website, I am just starting out with blogging, this whole thing is new to me. I have created an Instagram and Facebook, I will be creating a Mercari sight to sell some featured items, and a Pinterest at some point. None of these are really established yet, but give me some time and I will have them up and running in no time!
What to expect to see-
“How To Tuesday”— every Tuesday there will be a “How To” post onto my blog. Check back in tomorrow to see my very first one! (recommendations are always welcomed!)
1st of the Month quote blog– On the first of every month, I will post a photo of a life quote and tell you all what I feel about it. I would love to hear what you all have to say about it too!
Appreciation Post- Within the first week of the new month there will also be an appreciation post about something in my life. I will show my appreciation and also create a monthly goal on how to improve my appreciation for it!
WELCOME ALL! I can’t wait to get to know my followers and create friendships with you all. Here’s to a great 2018!!!!